Monday, July 14, 2008

Things will be different next time

Okay, I admit it, and flat out: I brought a little too much stuff. Still, I don't regret bringing two suitcases :-) I definitely need both of them. I have to mention that I am sooo lucky to have such fabulous, very generous relatives that are letting me leave pretty much half of what I brought in their cellar for the next time (and yes, there will be a next time, I didn't learn this language for nothing, you know!).

Next time I am DEFINITELY...
-- NOT bringing so much face cream under the impression that no one uses face cream with SPF in Germany
-- NOT bringing ANY books with me (a good news magazine per month will last me... those Germans are wordy!)... they are just too heavy and I didn't read most of them.
-- still going to bring a stock of makeup from home because it is seriously ridiculously expensive here AND they don't make what I use anyway
-- not going to have to buy nearly as much stuff since I have everything I need already :-D yeah!


Well that is it for now... as for the packing and cleaning situation, I am sooo close to being done it isn't even funny :-D in Business class I am allowed to bring 2 pieces of hand luggage so I am bringing my little rolly and my backpack... in my little rolly there is nothing but BOOKS and CDs and DVDs... they never weigh hand luggage, and I am allowed to bring two 6kg (14 lbs, lol). I am also moving in with Lea from Tuesday through Friday morning. Should be fun! Except we wont have ANY space with all my stuff in there. But we will make it work somehow, I imagine.


Cheers,
Caitlin

2 comments:

Viktor said...

Hi Caiti! Hat alles in deine Koffer gepasst?
Das Foto sieht lustig aus, in dem du dich selber einpackst - sind ja richtig gross deine Koffer ...
Zusammen bei Lea wohnen wird bestimmt auch klappen - das hat ja bei uns in Granada auch geklappt, sogar noch als DJ und Steffi da waren.
Gruesse

Maria said...

well, let us hope they don't charge for carry ons this go around...things have changed big time since you flew over. Why not leave the books you have read over there?? Important?
Gosh, I can't believe you are really coming home!