Sunday, July 20, 2008

Survival

Here I am. I've been in Ingolstadt since Friday evening. That means it has been less than 48 hours and it feels like 48 years. We are having a good time! Yesterday I tagged along to a shopping trip that took two hours in two stores. Later in the afternoon I biked with Maxi to play mini-golf and lost. We ate dinner and then went to pick up Maria from a birthday party, where we mortified her in front of her friends when Gaby said "Hey everyone, we are only talking English". Maxi adamantly and obnoxiously insisted that Gaby take them to the playground for "five minutes" which turned out to be 20, at the end of which Maxi broke his wrist. We spent an hour or two in the ER and when we got home, I went to bed as soon as I could and slept until 10am this morning. Mongo's is therefore cancelled. I'm bummed, but after getting on the scale last night and confirming that yes, I have gained a few pounds back at least, that's ok. Filled out the papers for my new German bank account this morning, hopefully the Euros'll be coming in soon :-) Sending my last €650 or so with Tobi on Tuesday to get changed to dollars... for once I am hoping the exchange rate to be at its worst so I can get the most dollars possible, ha ha...

The next few days are going to go by incredibly slow. However I will really enjoy it as much as I can. Looking forward to coming home, though. REALLY looking forward to it. Ingolstadt is the place to be to get that feeling, I think.

That is all for me for now, going to go pass the time in another way...
Caitlin

1 comment:

Maria said...

yes, and after you are home for a few hours, you will be ready to leave again.